Chief Engineer George Fiadonu obtained his pre-sea cadet training in Marine Engineering from the Regional Maritime Academy, Ghana. He then proceeded to the Australian Maritime College, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia where he obtained his Diploma of Marine Engineering and a Class 1 COC in Marine Engineering (Chief Engineer) respectively.
Chief Engineer George Fiadonu began his career as a Junior Engineer with NOL (Neptune Orient Lines now American President Lines APL), American Eagle Tankers in the USA gulf and has moved steadily up the career ladder, before joining the offshore sector and working in his current position as a Chief Engineer with Tide Water Marine International.
He has worked in various capacities on General Cargo, Container vessels, Oil Tankers, various offshore AHTS, PSV’s, Standby Boats and as a Port Engineer for Tidewater in Nigeria. His vast experience, knowledge and skill in the offshore and oil industries places him in a strategic position to perform capably in all areas related to his role.
As a strategic planner and team player, George brings with him great vision, passion and direction necessary to create and competently manage business within the industry and contribute to positioning it in the current global competitive offshore and oil industry.
- ADVANCE DIPLOMA OF MARINE ENGINEERING – AUSTRALIA MARITIME COLLEGE
- CLASS 1 CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY MARINE ENGINEERING – ISSUED BY AUSTRALIAN
Member - AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF MARINE AND POWER ENGINEERS (Since 1998)
Over 25 years sea service experience on-board ocean-going vessels including general cargo, container, oil tankers, and has been actively engaged in the deep sea offshore anchor handling and supply boats (DP2) working for semi-sub rigs, towing, tanker lifting, pipe laying badges, jacket launching, rig movements, turret anchor mooring engagement.
Position: Port Engineer
Tidewater Marine International (Pte) Limited (Nigeria)
Responsibilities: Management of Boats (Technical): Responsible for the Maintenance and repair of all Machinery, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration on Board anchor handling/Supply and Crew Boats and organizing delivery of spare parts to company’s vessels
Position: Chief Engineer
Tidewater Marine International (Pte) Limited (Singapore)
- Responsible for the Maintenance and repair of all Machinery, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration on Board anchor handling/Supply Boats.
- Acountable for the Welfare of the maintenance staff in the Engine Room and controlling the operations of special cargo supply, anchor handling and towing equipment
Positions: Junior Engineer to 1st Engineer
- In charge of the mechanical/electrical maintenance and operations of equipment over the period on the listed type of vessels: (104,000MT, 80,000MT, 100,000MT) Crude Oil Tanker vessels, Container and general cargo
- Specific machineries handled included Main Engines, Generator Systems, Boilers, Compressors, Purifiers, Pumps, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Motors, Fan Systems etc.
Phone: +61 - 409124578
Melbourne. Vic. 3150
20-22 Apple Street
P. O. Box CO 2280